Redskins Forum
Welcome to unofficially, the official Forum of the Washington Redskins! A Redskin Forum run by the fans for the fans!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Redskins Forum
Welcome to unofficially, the official Forum of the Washington Redskins! A Redskin Forum run by the fans for the fans!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.
Redskins Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain Kirk Cousins

4 posters

Go down

Captain Kirk Cousins  Empty Captain Kirk Cousins

Post by Parker Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:29 am

The Future of the Washington Redskins will Start this Off-Season

Kirk Cousins played lights out down the stretch carrying his team on his back with little to no run support and with RGIII all but out the door Washington has very little to bring to the table but an open check book.  How much will it take to secure the future of this franchise with a franchise tag option that would cost over $20 million?

Kirk Cousins wrote:“I think I want to be where I am wanted,” Cousins said, via the Washington Post. “You want to be with people who believe in you and we are going to find out — because we haven’t discussed it much yet — how much I am wanted and where that’ll go. I’m sure it’s a business and the team is going to operate with that mind-set. This is my first time going through that process in the NFL, so it’s new to me. Don’t know a whole lot about it. So we’ll see how it goes.”
Parker
Parker
Admin

https://redskinsforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Captain Kirk Cousins  Empty Re: Captain Kirk Cousins

Post by FanBoy Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:35 pm

2016 Quarterback Cap Rankings for 2016

1 Drew Brees -$30,000,000
2 Joe Flacco -$28,550,000
3 Eli Manning -$24,200,000
4 Ben Roethlisberger -$23,950,000
5 Matt Ryan -$23,750,000
6 Matthew Stafford -$22,500,000
7 Peyton Manning -$21,500,000
8 Philip Rivers -$21,000,000
9 Tony Romo -$20,835,000
10 Cam Newton -$19,500,000
11 Aaron Rodgers -$19,250,000
12 Russell Wilson -$18,542,000
13 Alex Smith -$17,800,000
14 Carson Palmer -$17,075,000
15 Jay Cutler -$17,000,000
16 Robert Griffin III -$16,155,000

My thing is I think the Redskins dug themselves in a hole on this one. We pretty much played our hand already...RG3 is all but out of here. With that said there is no backup plan. What are we going to draft another QB in the first round? What are we the Cleveland Browns? We were going to pay RG3 $16,155,000 this upcoming season if I were Kirk and his agent I would start there and go up.

FanBoy
The Cheerleader
The Cheerleader

Back to top Go down

Post by TricK Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:15 am

Yeah we kind of backed ourselves into a corner with this one but hopefully we can wrap this up before he tests the market.

TricK
The Cheerleader
The Cheerleader

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:56 am

Kirk Cousins, Redskins break off contract negotiations

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14786684/kirk-cousins-washington-redskins-break-contract-negotiations

ESPN wrote:The Redskins have expressed a desire to sign Cousins to a long-term deal, but they've also made it clear privately that they would only do so at the right price. If they placed the franchise tag on Cousins, it would cost them approximately $20 million for a one-year contract, based on current projections.

If Cousins hit the open market, he would do so as one of the more attractive options to teams needing a quarterback. But it's uncertain what sort of deal that would produce for him, as he's started only 25 regular-season games in his career. He's coming off his best season, and also his first full season as the starter, having thrown 29 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions.
Parker
Parker
Admin

https://redskinsforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PoNG Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Wouldn't you just sign the tag if you were Kirk at this point? 20 mil guaranteed for 1 year then your betting on yourself but still with such a high tag has to play favor to Kirk and his agent.
PoNG
PoNG
The Cheerleader
The Cheerleader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down