Redskins Forum
Welcome to unofficially, the official Forum of the Washington Redskins! A Redskin Forum run by the fans for the fans!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Redskins Forum
Welcome to unofficially, the official Forum of the Washington Redskins! A Redskin Forum run by the fans for the fans!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.
Redskins Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kirk Cousins: ‘I want to be where I am wanted’

Go down

Kirk Cousins: ‘I want to be where I am wanted’ Empty Kirk Cousins: ‘I want to be where I am wanted’

Post by NewsBot Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:02 pm

Washington Post wrote:As the Redskins’ 2015 regular season wound down, quarterback Kirk Cousins declined to address questions about his hopes and expectations for his next contract. Not so on Sunday.

A fourth-year player, Cousins, 27, is due to become a free agent on March 15, able to market his services to any team in the NFL. If the Redskins intend to keep him, they’ll have to come to an agreement on a multi-year contract or, failing that, give him the franchise tag and pay him a one-year salary that is expected to approach $20 million.

“I think I want to be where I am wanted,” Cousins said after Sunday’s first-round playoff loss to Green Bay. ” You want to be with people who believe in your and we are going to find out — because we haven’t discussed it much yet — how much I am wanted and where that’ll go.”

Cousins will have considerable leverage in contract talks with the Redskins, given that he led the team to a surprise NFC East title and led the league in completion percentage. Moreover, Washington is expected to release third-string quarterback Robert Griffin III, who was relegated to the inactive list for all but one game this season and never played a down.
NewsBot
NewsBot
Admin

Back to top Go down